Coaches: Lauren Hairston, Lilly Luba
Our pre-team program is designed for advanced gymnasts ages 6-9 who are training to participate in our competitive team program. Pre-team members work to master entry level competitive skills, apparatus routines, and adjust to the commitment of a team program.
Coaches: Kacy Salas, Rebecca Neidhardt, Alexandra Nieves, Lauren Hairston, Lilly Luba
The USAIGC women’s team program consists of the following levels:
Copper 1: Entry competitive level. Skill requirements per event include but are not limited to the following:
- Vault: Handstand flatback
- Bars: Pullover, back hip circle
- Beam: ¾ handstand, ½ turn, leap, dismount
- Floor: Cartwheel & roundoff, handstand, split, leap, ½ or full turn, backbend kickover or back-walkover
Copper 2: Same requirements as Copper one with the following allowances:
- Vault: May compete front-handspring over vaulting mat turned sideways
- Bars: May go to high bar
- Beam: May do a cartwheel
- Floor: May do one back-handspring and one front-handspring
Bronze: Skill requirements per event include but are not limited to the following:
- Vault: Front Handspring OR Half-on
- Bars: Kip, squat on, high-bar dismount
- Beam: Cartwheel or back-walkover, split jump, leap, hands-free dismount
- Floor: Round-off + 2 back-handsprings, front-handspring, dance acro series, leap series, full turn
Diamond: Same requirements as Bronze with the following allowances:
- Beam: May compete an acro element with flight (round-off, back-handspring)
- Floor: May compete back or front-tuck
Silver: Skill requirements per event include but are not limited to the following:
- Vault: Half-on or Yurchenko timer
- Bars: Clear hip and or uprise, cast above horizontal, salto dismount
- Beam: Acro element with flight such as round-off or back-handspring, full turn, aerial or salto dismount
- Floor: Back-tuck, front-tuck, leap series, 1 ½ turn,
Gold & Platinum: Advanced levels of competition with high skills requirement and variation.
Head Coach: Erik Nieves
Our men’s USAG team program provides high level competitive training in a safe and structured environment. The Men’s competitive program consists of the following levels:
- In levels 4-7, competition is offered in Division I (Junior Olympic Division) and Division II (Junior Developmental Division).
- Levels 4-6 provide basic compulsory routines for all competitors.
- The compulsory Level 7 is designed to encourage and prepare the gymnast for the transition from compulsory to optional routines.
- The optional levels, 8, 9 and 10, require the gymnast to fulfill most FIG requirements or the JO modifications for those requirements approved for the program.